Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cracker FAIL

I shouldn't experiment. It's dangerous.

Just to see what would happen, I randomly threw together water, chia seeds (about 2:1), sesame seeds, ground flax, a bit of spelt, dehydrated garlic, Italian seasonings, and a *thpt* of Bragg's. I tossed it in the oven and warmed it for about six or seven hours at 170 degrees, the lowest my oven goes.

*urp*


I love the sesame flavor. That's a definite win. But the crackers have this strange flavor at the back of my nose that's like something went bad, and there's this weird texture that, even though it's all crackery and shit, seems slimy. I'm going to try again and actually use someone's real recipe. The only problem is I don't have a dehydrator, and every chia cracker recipe I've found is raw. Bummer!

I'll report later.

No comments:

Post a Comment