Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Finding Pre-Packaged Food

On my latest road tripping adventures, I've been blessed by a fab-tastic find: Go Picnic.




Unfortunately, the Hummus and Crackers meal is the only vegan option I've been able to find in stores, but their website shows several options, though only two are entirely vegan. You could, if desperate, offer the Amy's cheddar bunnies from the peanut butter meal to the nearest carnivore and still eat vegan (I assume the fruit chews are gelatin-free, as most all-natural brands tend to be).

I found the meal to be dry, which isn't surprising and wasn't off-putting with a beverage in hand, but the hummus was delish, and everything was perfectly portioned. With a bottle of water [or a soy latte], I had just enough nourishment to keep me trucking and a variety of tastes to keep my interest. Plus - bonus! - gluten-free!

As long as the box and its contents go through airport security unopened, it should (according to current standards) be good for a long flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment