Friday, October 16, 2015

Guacamole

Recently, I had a run-in with Cheesecake Factory and their "made-to-order" guacamole. Namely that it's not made to order at all--the two ingredients are avocado and pico de gallo, which means any food sensitivity needs will leave you with a bowl of mashed avo. Seriously. No salt, no lime juice, not even on the side.

When we got home that day, my mom decided to procure some avocado of our own. They were on sale--10 for $10--so naturally she walked away with 10 avos.

Today was that magical day when avocados decide to be edible for a whole 12 hours, so I scooped those puppies and made my own guacamole.

I used to put some tomato in there, but obvs that won't work anymore.

Stupid solanines.

Nothing to see here. Except, of course, for divine guac. 

Notcher Supermarket Guac
serves 2-4

2 avocados, pitted and smashed
1/2 small sweet onion or red onion, minced
1 small clove garlic
juice of 1 small lime
chopped cilantro to taste unless you were cursed with the soapy-cilantro gene, in which case I haz a sad for you

Throw all this in a bowl, salt it to taste, and you haz guac. It's stupid easy to do and whips up in no time. How much cilantro you use is up to you. For a single-double serving like this, I'll pull a couple of stalks away from the bunch and chop those up to the point that the leaves stop on the stalk. In the case of the gigantic bowl I made with 10 avos, I used the whole bunch and might have used more if I could (I lurves the cilantros).

I used to eat homemade salsa for a meal, so the guac will have to suffice from now on. Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment